Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Day Five quick update - Just in case you are concerned

One of the bits of advice I remember reading before starting this project was about what to do if you missed days. Don't try to make up missed days all at once, the advice stated. Just adjust your average daily target.

I'm really glad I read that, because I have to admit that having two low production days in a row was really discouraging, even though I tried not to let it get to me toooo much. Making all that up is a lot of writing, enough to make you decide to quit, to be honest. But when I followed the above advice, and calculated a new average to reach my target, it turned out only to have moved from 1667 words per day to 1766.

In other words, it is early - there is plenty of time to make it up, so make it up I did! It is 9:26 am, and I've already hit my goal for the day! I have 1776 words for the morning, making a grand total of 5639. Over 10% of my goal is done. It is pretty awful, but it is done! And, I have most (but not all) of my notes re-assembled and properly backed up.

Now I need to get dressed (call me crazy, but a shower would be nice, too . . .), then school and the grocery store. I hear Harris Teeter has super doubles this week.

It is a great feeling to have today's goal behind me already!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Your "reality bites" post sounded bad, I would have been totally screwed. It's a good thing you're a techie. Glad you're back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia! I wouldn't want this to just be boring, where you check in every day just to see me say I typed 1600 words. Again. Actually, I would, but it wouldn't be nearly as interesting for anyone else! That's what I tell myself anyway - I live to entertain ;)

    ReplyDelete